HTML5 Appcache example
This page is demonstrates the HTML 5 application cache using an adapted version of the
clock example in the HTML5 draft.
Also, I've added a demonstration of the session and local storage.
Please follow the steps below to see the example in action.
Steps to demonstrate the appcache
Clear your cache & offline website data and reload this page.
When using Firefox, allow the site to store data. Other browsers silently do this.
- Put your browser in offline mode.
- View the clock.
- Put your browser back in online mode
- View the clock again, and reload it.
Steps to demonstrate local & session storage
- Open the clock in another tab/window, and reload it a few times.
- Open the clock in a different tab/window, and reload both a few times.
- Close and reopen your browser.
- Open the clock in another tab/window, and reload it again a few times.
- When using Firefox, clear the stored data for the site (but do not close the clock). Then open the clock, and reload it again a few times.